Terms and conditions
About terms and conditions
In some instances we may make changes to our Terms and Conditions please check for updated versions at regular intervals. Using or accessing this website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please do not continue to use this website. If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
Information about us
We are Clas Ohlson Limited, a company registered in England and Wales at Companies House. Our registered office is at St. James House, 13 Kensington Square, London, W8 5HD United Kingdom and our registered number is 06298382. Our VAT number is 939629569.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The website to which these Terms and Conditions apply and for which we are responsible is www.clasohlson.com/uk
You warrant that:
The personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by contacting our Customer Service Department by email, or calling us on 020 824 79300.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
Your use of this website and our intellectual property rights
We have made this website available to you for your personal use. We may modify, withdraw or deny access to this website at any time.
This website and all the materials contained in it are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright, and either belongs to us or are licensed to us to use. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as other content such as product descriptions, price lists, technical guidance, specifications and other text.
You may not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make the materials on this website available to anyone else for a commercial purpose without our consent in writing.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
In the event of any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with these General Terms and Conditions of sale, you and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the rest of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions, and we ignore the breach or breaches, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms and Conditions.
We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our control.
It is not intended that any person other than you or us will be able to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Our liability to you
Nothing in these website terms shall exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. In addition these website terms shall not limit or exclude any other liability that we are not permitted to limit or exclude under applicable law.
We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use. We do not guarantee that this website will be available all the time or at any specific time. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify this website at any time.
We are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these Terms and Conditions by us. We are not responsible to you for any losses which you may incur which were not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms and Conditions, for example if it could not have been contemplated those losses before or when you access this website. Our liability to you shall not in any circumstances include any business losses that you may incur, including (without limitation) to lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
Limitations of our liability to you
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, we will not be liable to you for misrepresentation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of this contract for: any losses which are not foreseeable by both you and us when this contract is formed arising in connection with the supply of products or their use by you; any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; or business or trade losses. Our products have been selected for domestic use only: if you plan to use them for business purposes, please make sure you have the appropriate insurance. In relation to business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of goods for business purposes, nor do we accept any liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim. Nothing in this contract shall limit or exclude our liability to you for things which we cannot, by law, limit or exclude and, further, nothing in this contract means that our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees, agents or subcontractors is limited.
Information on this website
The information contained on this website is given solely for the purpose of providing information regarding our products. Whilst we try to ensure the information contained on the website is accurate and up to date, inaccuracies may occur from time to time. Our sole liability to you for any loss resulting from any such inaccuracy shall be no greater than the value of the product in question. Our liability to you as explained above remains unaffected by this.
Advertising and Sponsorship
Part of the clasohlson.com/uk site may contain advertising and sponsorship. It is the responsibility of advertisers and sponsors to ensure that their material complies with all relevant legislation, laws and codes. We will not be liable for any error or inaccuracy contained in any such material.
Other third-party content
This site contains facts, views, opinions, statements, and recommendations of third-party individuals and organisations. None of them or Clas Ohlson will be liable or responsible for the content including the accuracy, integrity, quality or reliability of any communication, advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the site or for any errors or violations of laws or regulations. You acknowledge that any reliance on any such communication, opinion, advice, statement, or information will be at your own risk.
We welcome your feedback about the website. However, any comments, ideas, notes, messages, suggestions or other communications sent to the website shall be and remain the exclusive property of Clas Ohlson, and we may use all such communications in any manner, including reproducing, disclosing and publishing such communications, all without compensation to you.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in the conditions below:
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts).
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
• Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
• Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
• Promote sexually explicit material or violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our Terms and Conditions through your use of the website. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• Failure to comply with our Terms and Conditions may result in our taking all or any of the following actions: Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the website.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent closure of your account.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The products sold on this website are subject to the Product Description which sets out conditions related to the sale of that item. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details and prices of products appearing on this website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, information appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the exact situation at the moment you place your order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted and confirmed.
We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate.
Before working with electricity, gas or water you should always consult an appropriate professional electrician or CORGI-registered plumber. Always read and follow any relevant manuals and safety instructions. When working with electricity always turn off the mains. In connection with building work we cannot advise on planning permission or building regulation issues.
You are responsible for obtaining all necessary planning permission and local authority consents and permissions for any work to be carried out.
Except where we state otherwise, we provide a two year guarantee on our products to cover material and manufacturing defects and other defects that affect the product’s normal functioning under the guarantee period. Clas Ohlson Limited always has a 2 year guarantee on light sources that includes electronics i.e. LED and energy saving light bulbs. Exception: The guarantee does not cover consumable light sources e.g. rechargeable batteries, light sources other than LED and energy saving light bulbs. For further information on other such consumable products excluded from the guarantee, please contact our customer service department on 020 824 79300.
We offer a 5 or 10 year guarantee on a selection of our own brand ranges, relevant guarantees are stated on the product pages of our website. We offer 5 year guarantee on selected products which includes selected Asaklitt suitcases, Coline kitchen appliances and selected Cotech products. 10 year guarantee is also offered on selected Cocraft products unless stated otherwise. If guarantee is offered it will be listed on the guarantee tab on the product page.
The guarantee will not be valid if
• The product has been exposed to over voltage or abnormal use; or
• The manual, care recommendations and service recommendations have not been followed.
• You do not provide proof of purchase when returning the product.
If any of our products prove faulty within the guarantee period please contact our Customer Service department at email@example.com or call 020 824 79300 where we will be able to tell you how we will deal with repairing or replacing the product.
The rights set out in this section do not affect your statutory rights.
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that: you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, you are at least 18 years old, and you are a resident in the United Kingdom.
Your order to us is your offer to purchase the goods on these sale conditions, subject to our acceptance. You are entitled to withdraw your offer at any time up to moment that we accept it. Your order is accepted, and the contract is made, when we send you an email acknowledging or otherwise confirming receipt of your order, or if we do not send such an email, when we despatch the goods or the first instalment of the goods to you.
If you would like to make a bulk order please contact Customer Service on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that additional delivery charges may apply.
We accept payment by any of the following payment methods:
• Master Card
• Visa Electron
• American Express
You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order.
Unless credit terms have been agreed, payment of the price, delivery charges, and all other fees and amounts must be made with your order.
You can also pay via PayPal invoices. Simply let us know by email or over the phone what items you would like, let us know your email address and we’ll set up the invoice. Once you’ve paid, we’ll ship your items to you.
All prices are correct at time of publication. Prices are shown in £ (Sterling) and include VAT at 20% and exclude our delivery charge unless otherwise stated. Prices are subject to product availability and are only valid while stocks last.
Occasionally we run short term price promotions, offering exceptional discounts on specified products on the website. Once these promotions have finished the products will only be available at the price stated and not the previous discounted price.
Prices offered on the website may not necessarily reflect prices on the same products in our stores. We reserve the right to offer special website prices to our online customers that will not be offered if the product is purchased in one of our stores.
We've take up to a further 20% off selected sale items
• offers valid for a limited time only
• further reductions available online only. Not in-store
• Clas Ohlson reserve the right to change and/or amend the offer at any stage
• further reductions marked red
• further reductions included in red price
We may not be able to accept your order due to one of the following reasons:
• Authorisation of your payment failed
• We made a pricing or product description error
• You are not eligible to order from Clas Ohlson.
• If there are any problems with an order, you will be contacted by one of our Customer Services Advisors.
• If you change your mind about an order and want to cancel it, you can do so up to the point when it is dispatched. Orders are normally processed immediately after they have been placed, so we may have already packed your order and made arrangements for it to be sent when you cancel it. If this is the case then we cannot always stop the order from being delivered.
• To cancel your order please contact us on 020 824 79300.
• We may use and disclose to third parties any information we hold about you and your payment record for the purposes of administration and enforcement of this agreement and for other related purposes. We may also supply your information to relevant authorities and other third parties where legally required or reasonably required in connection with any legal process or any legal obligations binding on us.
Clas Ohlson price promise
If you can find our product for less from another national retailer up to 28 days after you make your purchase we will match the price or refund the difference.
Please note, the prices we match must be publicly available to all customers, based on the everyday prices displayed in a shop or on the national retailer’s own website, and must apply to an identical individual product in terms of make, model, size or colour. We will not price match time limited special offers, including Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals, clearance or closing down sale offers and we will only price match products which are brand new and in original packaging and will not price match on second hand or pre used items. The product must be physically in stock at the retailers store or on their website at the time of making your claim.
Limited-Time Special Offers Promotional Discount
• The promotional discount is only available for items showing the following banners: bundle, multibuy, offer.
• The item must be added purchased before end date of the promotion to be eligible for the promotional discount.
• Stock is subject to availability.
• Promotional discounts are applicable only for specific products featured.
• If you return a product purchased using a promotional discount, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
• Promotional discounts and special offers are for a limited time only.
• Offers are available online and in-store at Clas Ohlson.
• Offers can be applied on multiple purchases.
Spend and Save
• Can-not be used in conjunction with any other offer
• The promoter reserves the right change the duration of the promotion at their discretion
• Customers must spend the promoted value or more in total in one transaction to receive the reduction
• Reductions will be discounted from the total value in cart at the time of purchase if the total value amounts to the promoted spend or more
• Exclusive online spend and save offers are exclusive to online purchases only
• Not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit
• Offer does not apply to the cost of postage
• Cannot be applied to existing orders
• To apply a promo code you must enter it prior to completing the order
Limited-time promotion codes
From time to time Clas Ohlson may offer an exclusive promotion code which may apply to any or a certain, specified, type of purchase made through Clasohlson.co.uk. All codes are subject to terms and conditions specified at the time of the promotions. We may send you a code via email, text or website.
Exclusive codes may be offered for reason such as: student validation or loyalty offer.
• Items must be added and purchased before end date of the promotion code to be eligible for the promotional discount.
• Stock is subject to availability.
• If you return a product purchased using a promotional discount, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
• Promotional discounts and special offers are for a limited time only.
• Exclusive online promotion codes can not be used for in-store purchase
• Online promotions codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion codes
• Clas Ohlson reserves the right to extend or amend the terms of this offer
We offer 10% off to students who present a valid student ID card. The student card must have a visible start and/or end date displayed. To redeem the discount please show a valid student card at the checkout in-store. 10% student discount is not redeemable online. Discount is not available on gift cards and can not be used in conjunction with any other offer. We reserve the right to terminate this discount without notice. We reserve the right to not accept ID that we deem invalid or fraudulent.
Clas Ohlson Gift Card
The Gift Card is a payment tool for use at Clas Ohlson stores in the United Kingdom excluding our online store.
PURCHASING THE GIFT CARD
Gift Cards can be purchased either at Clas Ohlson UK stores or online from the Website. The Gift Card is designed and available as a physical card which can be purchased in-store or delivered if purchased online.
VALUE & CHARGES
Gift Cards can be purchased at a minimum of £5 and a maximum of £50 per card in GBP. Handling and delivery charges shall apply to purchases of physical Gift Cards from the website, which may vary depending on the chosen shipping preference. Any handling and delivery charges shall be added to the purchase price. The applicable charges will be calculated and disclosed prior to completion of the purchase process.
If purchased online, a Gift Card will be dispatched within 2-3 business days. The purchaser of a Gift Card is solely responsible for submitting the correct delivery address. Clas Ohlson UK is not liable for any late delivery or non-delivery caused by incorrect delivery information, or for any other reason which is not within Clas Ohlson’s control.
ACTIVATION OF THE GIFT CARD
Gift Cards will have no value until they are activated. Subject to receipt of payment, the Gift Card is activated within one business day of purchase. Where a purchase is made at a Clas Ohlson UK store the Gift Card shall be activated immediately. Upon activation the Gift Card is available for use.
USING OF THE GIFT CARD
The Gift Card may only be used in the United Kingdom. The Gift Card is only redeemable for goods offered at Clas Ohlson UK stores. Gift Cards can be redeemed all at once, or can be used repeatedly until the Gift Card balance reaches zero. If a transaction exceeds the remaining balance on a Gift Card, you must pay the difference directly to the Clas Ohlson UK store using an alternative means of payment acceptable to the Clas Ohlson UK store.
1. Load additional credit onto a Gift Card;
2. Redeem a Gift Card for cash; or
3. Use a Gift Card to purchase another Gift Card.
Gift Cards are valid for a term of 24 months from the date of purchase. Any unused balance remaining on a Gift Card upon expiry shall be forfeited and will not be refunded or credited to you. Amendments to Terms: Clas Ohlson UK may amend these Terms from time to time at its discretion. Any amendments to these Terms will be effective upon publication on the Website.
Rights of regret
If you change your mind within up to 90 Days this is not a problem. Our products are covered by our up to 90 day money-back-guarantee as long as they are in their original packaging and unused.
To benefit from this refund policy, you must:
• Provide proof of purchase.
• Return the product within the up to 90 day period.
• Return the product and accessories in the same condition as when purchased.
Unless the product is found to be faulty, refunds will only be given in accordance with your legal rights. For example personal grooming products which cannot be resold for health and hygiene reasons once unwrapped. Also DVDs and computer software will be restricted to an exchange due to the problem of unlicensed copying.
Substances not available for delivery
We do not deliver any liquids or gaseous substances due to strict guidelines set out by our Carriers. This means that any product that contains liquids or gases cannot be provided by our home delivery service.
Delivery Terms and Conditions
Which courier service do we use?
Standard orders under 30kg and/or 1 metre are delivered by DPD. Large items or bulk orders are delivered by DX.
What are the delivery time scales?
Next day as standard is available for delivery to addresses based within UK mainland and item(s) under 30kg and/or under 1 metre in length. Standard delivery and all other orders may take 3-4 working days. Orders placed before 4pm will be dispatched the same day.
Large/bulk items can only be delivered with standard delivery and may take 3-4 working days.
Please note all deliveries may take longer during peak seasons.
When do we deliver?
Deliveries are made between 8am – 6pm Monday to Sunday*. *Please note there are extra delivery charges for weekends
Where do we deliver?
We deliver to all UK addresses with a valid postcode.
Requests to make deliveries anywhere other than the customers address are entirely at your risk, and we accept no liability for loss or damage.
Please note we reserve the right not to deliver orders if we believe the address is not secure, for example, to a communal or military postal address or a PO BOX - if this affects an order you place, we will notify you as soon as possible.
What are the delivery charges?
Free delivery is available on UK Mainland orders over the value of £35 and under 30kg or 1 metre in length. Clas Ohlson reserve the right to amend the conditions of this offer and/or extend or deactivate this offer at any time. All other delivery costs are as follows:
Click & Collect
Orders placed after 4pm Monday–Sunday will be dispatched the next day on 24hr delivery.
How to use Click & Collect
Step 1: Once item/s are in your basket, go to check out
Step 2: Fill in your details
Step 3: Select payment method
Step 4: Select Collect in store (order before 4pm, Monday to Friday, for next day delivery to store)
Step 5: Select your closest store from the drop down menu
Step 6: Complete order
Order before 4pm, Monday to Friday, and your order will be ready for collection the next day at your nearest store. When the store receives your order you will receive a text message and email to notify you that your order is ready for collection at your selected store. Your order will be held for 14 days. If you would like us to hold your order for longer please contact the store you selected.
• Order Monday by 4pm deliver Tuesday
• Order Tuesday by 4pm deliver Wednesday
• Order Wednesday by 4pm deliver Thursday
• Order Thursday by 4pm deliver Friday
• Order Friday by 4pm deliver Saturday
• Order Friday after 4pm to Monday by 4pm, deliver Tuesday
• Please note that although we endeavour to arrange delivery for next day, some heavier items and larger palleted items may not be available for this service, so may take longer. In most cases we aim to deliver next day.
Collecting Your Order
Before going to collect your order please wait until you have received notification via email or text stating your order has arrived and is ready for collection.
Please bring this notification and a form of ID with you. If you would like someone else to collect your order on your behalf, please ensure they bring your collection confirmation email or text with them.
Click and collect orders will be held for 14 days. If you would like us to hold your order for longer please email email@example.com
Refunds and return policy
There are two ways to return products:
(i) Visit one of our local stores with your receipt and we will give you a refund or exchange.
(ii) Call our Customer Service team on 020 824 79300 and they will provide you with return instructions. Please note, when returning items the products must be unused and in their original packaging. Products that are returned remain your responsibility until we receive them. As soon as we receive the returned item(s), we will refund the card you made the original purchase with. Please note that For security reasons we cannot refund a different credit/debit card to the one you placed the original order on and we can only send out replacement products to the delivery address specified in the original order. Please also note that we do not refund the delivery cost unless the product is damaged or faulty.
Distance Selling Regulations
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website for a full refund within seven days of receipt of goods. To cancel, you can either email or telephone within seven working days of delivery of your item(s), quoting your order number. You must not use your items and must return them in their original packaging. Please also note that we do not refund the delivery cost unless the product is damaged or faulty. Item(s) may be returned to a Clas Ohlson store, or to our return address. If you have a home shopping order query, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 824 79300.
We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times during your shopping experience. The purpose of our “Privacy Statement” is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of any services provided by Clas Ohlson on this website or by using the website generally you agree to this privacy statement, which you may find by clicking here.
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com with the word 'unsubscribe' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 30 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.